If you aren’t using commercial real estate software to automate some of the time-consuming, mundane tasks that take up your valuable time, why not? Is it the change itself you’re trying to avoid, or do you think the switch to existing processes isn’t worth it? We’re not here to judge; we simply want to help you decide if automating CRE tasks is right for you.
Let’s go over some pros and cons.
Potential Disadvantages of CRE Task Automation
First, let’s look at negatives. Automation itself does take away some of the “hands-on” approach that many commercial real estate professionals prefer. While this can be a good thing (e.g. less opportunity for human error), it can seem like it would remove control from those who prefer to maintain it. Here are some other perceived disadvantages of CRE task automation:
- Automated communications can be impersonal, if they aren’t set up correctly.
- Analysis paralysis can occur if you’re spending just as much time reviewing results of CRE task automations as you would completing the tasks manually.
- Financial considerations and the initial/monthly cost of CRE software can be a hindrance to some, even if it does save money in the long run.
Potential Advantages of CRE Task Automation
Of course, there’s a reason more and more commercial real estate professionals are using CRE software to automate tasks these days. The time savings alone can make the investment worth it. That being said, there are a variety of other benefits that—when viewed either individually or as a whole—can sway the most headstrong CRE pro. Here are a few of them:
- Everything is faster, from communications to building reports.
- Automated reminders and notifications mean there are fewer mistakes.
- Powerful, accurate computer processing also results in less errors with data.
- You can leverage a robust system of market tracking tools and reports to more easily view what you need to analyze, instead of wasting time searching for it or building the same report manually each time.
- It’s easier to stay compliant with built-in parameters and standards.
- Documents and data are arguably more secure, depending on your existing processes.
- You’ll save money and positively affect your budget in the long run.
Weighing the Right Choice for You
Ultimately, technology makes our lives easier regardless of your industry. CRE is no different, as those who utilize CRE software to automate tasks have more time in their day to get other tasks done (or simply breathe and sleep a little easier). If you’re hesitant to take the plunge into the world of automation, viewing a few videos, requesting a demo or exploring all of the features you’ll enjoy can help you make the right decision for you and your portfolio.
Ready to see how CRE automation works? Request a demo of Quarem today.