It’s no secret that the coronavirus (or COVID-19, as it’s technically known) has had an impact on all of our lives. While we won’t pretend to be epidemiologists, we do understand the severity of the situation with many counties across the country issuing stay-at-home orders. COVID-19 has affected nearly every industry and commercial real estate is one of them.
To keep you informed on this ever-changing coronavirus pandemic, here is a list of resources for CRE pros to educate themselves on how to approach it.
- America’s Commercial Real Estate Show: If you prefer to absorb information via podcast or radio, this show has several insightful episodes on it.
- American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA): The AHLA keeps this page updated with facts, statistics and updates about coronavirus.
- American Seniors Housing Association: For senior living communities, this article provides some valuable direction.
- Building Owners and Managers Association International: Guidance documents, webinars and other resources. You’ll find it all here, courtesy of BOMA International.
- CoreNet Global: “CoreNet Global is continuously monitoring developments and resources will be posted regularly to this webpage.”
- Federal Housing Finance Agency: For government announcements and directions, this page is a valuable resource.
- Forbes Magazine: For short-term and long-term strategies for dealing with this pandemic, this article should be useful.
- International Council of Shopping Centers: “The resources on this page are intended to help property owners, landlords and retailers prepare for and help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19.”
- Institute of Real Estate Management: If you’re a property manager, you’ll likely find this page from IREM helpful.
- IRS: Stay tuned to tax updates related to the coronavirus from the IRS’ official page.
- National Apartment Association: If your portfolio includes apartments, you need to bookmark this page from the NAA.
- CNBC: Stay updated about the latest CRE-related news by bookmarking a national news outlet page, like this one from CNBC.
- Commercial Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP): Get insights on ideal CRE responses to the pandemic with these resources.
- National Association of Realtors: This guidance on this page “will be continually updated based on current directives from the WHO, the CDC and the White House.”
- NAREIT: Find solutions geared toward REITs and the coronavirus on this page.
- National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC): Stay tuned to the NMHC’s research and insight page for several articles related to the coronavirus and CRE.
- The National Law Review: For legal insights and answers to common legal questions related to the coronavirus, this page is insightful.
- The Real Estate Roundtable: For examples of COVID-19 responses from other professionals in the CRE industry, this is the page to reference.
If you have any questions about the CRE industry, don’t hesitate to contact the Quarem team today. We may not not have all the answers as it pertains to the coronavirus, but we do know that we’re all in this together and would like to be a resource to help you offset the effect of this virus on your CRE business.