They say computers are going to take all of our jobs one day. Actually, it may have already happened, as Forbes claims that “technology has already taken over 90% of the jobs humans used to do.” This isn’t a bad thing, however. It just means that humans have more time to focus on the important stuff.
Take commercial real estate, for instance. As a CRE pro, would it be a bad thing if most of your time-consuming clerical tasks were automated? No, because you’d be able to spend more of your time doing more important things like relationship building, focusing on the big picture and growing your portfolio.
Well, the good news is that with a commercial real estate software solution like Quarem, this is very much a reality.
CRE Tasks That Can Be Automated
Let’s take a look at a few routine and/or tedious tasks a commercial real estate software solution can help you automate in order to free up time for portfolio expansion:
- Appointment setting: If you don’t have a receptionist, chances are you’re spending some time not only agreeing on appointments with potential and existing clients, but actually setting them up on your calendar as well. CRE software lets you track all your appointments in one place and automatically sends reminders.
- Asset management: Instead of wasting time juggling work orders and organizing assets yourself, why not let a CRE software program handle it? CRE software can help you manage assets in a centralized location and easily evaluate them.
- Report building: Trying to track down occupancy costs? Stray rent obligations? Market values? Put it all on one screen with CRE software. The report building tool is easy to use, automated and lets you use standardized or customized templates.
This is just scratching the surface, however. There are plenty more tasks that can be automated with CRE software like Quarem. But what can’t be automated, you may ask?
CRE Tasks That Can’t Be Automated
Some things, technology just can’t do… yet, at least. Here are a few portfolio expansion tasks that you’ll have more time for once you adopt CRE software:
- Relationship building: Whether it’s going out of your way to ensure existing tenants are happy or trying to make a good impression on a potential tenant, building relationships is crucial for portfolio growth.
- Forecasting: Once you’ve automated the menial tasks of building reports, you can analyze the data and make smarter predictions about what the market has in store.
- Preparing for other changes: Freeing up your time with CRE automation software can also help you prepare for other industry changes, such as the upcoming new FASB leasing standard. Having the time to learn about these changes is invaluable.
Again, these are just a few examples. To really see how commercial real estate software like Quarem can help automate your workflow, request a demo today.