Wouldn’t it be nice if we could have an intern for all our daily tasks in life? “Hey, intern, can you make me some coffee?” “Intern, will you please eat dinner with my spouse in my place tonight?” Unfortunately, this is just a fantasy, but it sure would be nice. This is especially true if you’re a commercial real estate professional, as it’s easy to get bogged down with day-to-day clerical work.
While an intern may not be feasible — since you want to make sure your clerical work is done right — there is a more efficient way to accomplish your daily tasks so you can get back to what you do best: building relationships with prospects. What, you may ask? CRE software.
Why Technology Is Important for CRE Professionals
Wait, CRE software? What if you’re not good with technology? Yes, change is difficult, but if you compare the pros and cons of adopting CRE software to make your day more efficient, you’ll see that it’s well worth it in the long run. It also may come back to bite you if you don’t somehow adapt to the changing market and start adopting more current best practices. According to propmodo, a “lack of innovation can prove increasingly costly as competitors adopt newer, more effective solutions. No matter how strong that relationship is (with a prospect), or how long it’s lasted, (you’re likely) wasting money that competitors are capturing and reinvesting.”
Basically, if your competitor takes two hours to do clerical work that takes you four hours to complete, he or she is going to have two extra hours of time to focus on building their portfolio — and cutting into your prospects. If you could prevent that from happening (and focus on building more relationships), why wouldn’t you?
How CRE Software Frees Up Your Time
This is where commercial real estate software steps in. The right CRE software, like Quarem, can automate many of your day-to-day clerical tasks to free up your time. Here are some examples of how it makes your life easier:
- Lease administration: Instead of trying to track down things like occupancy costs, rent patterns and space utilization for your leases, Quarem lets you easily analyze them on one screen. Plus, forecasting is simpler and you can even receive notifications related to critical dates.
- Project management: Whether you’re leasing, buying, selling or constructing, you have a lot of projects going on (and contacts associated with them). Quarem streamlines your tasks, notifies you when they’re completed and provides status updates so you’re always in the know.
- Property management: Imagine being able to visualize space utilization and vacancies for your properties with a clear, comprehensive graph. That’s what you’ll be able to enjoy with Quarem, as it makes it easy to track property data, assessed values, market rates and more.
- Asset management: You don’t just track your leases and properties, of course. Assets are just important. Quarem consolidates all of them into an easy-to-read format, helping you better monitor and manage tax valuations and other documentation related to assets.
- Reporting: Finally, how much time do you waste building out reports? With Quarem, you can establish automatic regeneration of reports so they take you minutes, not hours.
Want to see how CRE software can help you get back to relationship building? Put Quarem’s CRE software to work by requesting a demo today.